I got obsessed with the yo-yo mostly because my friends kid me about liking them. So I made a couple.
These are about 1 inch in diameter. They are easy as pie to make, and they are just too darn cute.
Then a friend pointed out a pattern.
So I started making yo yo’s. Got about 200 of them done, then looked at the pattern
They were too small.
Not just a little bit too small, like 40 percent too small. And through the mathematical miracle of calculating an area, I realized that what would take 4 yo yos in the correct size would take 9 in the smaller size. So, the 900 of the little suckers that the pattern required would be over 2,000 in the new size.
So, the solution I came up with: I’m going to use the smaller ones for the edging, and make the larger ones for the body of the quilt. Yay!
Here’s the current container of yo-yos. They make me feel very happy.